KING ON BASS
Currently holding the Bass Chair for Hamilton – An American Musical, Ian has worked on many of the most popular Musical Productions in London’s West End over the past two decades. In addition, he has also played with a wide variety of major recording artists – including The Temptations, The Supremes, Sister Sledge, Ronan Keating, Huey Lewis, Paul Young, Don Felder (The Eagles), Odyssey, Hugh Jackman, Michael Ball, Tim Rice, Rick Astley and Albert Lee and many others.
A player with huge versatility and feel, Ian has over 20 years of teaching experience and feels that learning classic bass lines is one of best ways to increase your vocabulary and feel on the instrument. Breaking lines down and learning the theory behind them also gives you the grounding to create your own killer lines!
Competition entries must be received by June 30th – so get your skates on for your chance to learn with one of the best in the business!
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is: Overwater Basses and Ian King.
- The competition is open to residents anywhere in the world aged 13 years or over except employees of Overwater Basses and Ian King and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or the competition. Entrants should, if under 18, obtain permission in advance from their parent or guardian and be able to demonstrate that to our satisfaction if requested.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 30th June 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- In the event of any dispute regarding conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, our decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice under any circumstance which arises outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Entry into the competition is via email subsciption as detailed on the competition page. No other forms of entry wil be accepted.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: 10 online bass lessons 1 hour to be provided by Ian King. Scheduling for lessons will be arranged with Ian King once the competition is complete and the winner notified. It should be noted that Ian King resides in the UK and would be unable to schedule lessons outside of 10am to 6pm GMT.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable.
- Once awarded, the terms of provision for the prize will be determined between Ian King and the prize winner. Overwater Basses does not accept any liability whereby the winner and/or Ian King are unable to agree terms for provision of online tuition.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner may decline to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and only with the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Unless the winner has expressly requested anonymity).
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Overwater Basses and Ian King are not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize (if any).
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit via “online tuition” and you do so at your own risk. We do not guarantee the security of the portal (Zoom, Skype etc.) or the prevention from loss of, alteration of, or improper access to, your account information or data.